Do not despair. Jesus is stronger than any sin that you're in.
It sounds very good to say, “It’s all about Jesus.” But then you have to ask the next question, “What sort of Jesus is it all about?” A content-less Christ does not save.
For too many people, Jesus is nothing more than a nice guy who does neat tricks.
So, here is a list—not an exhaustive one—of who Jesus is. We pray this encourages your soul.
1. Jesus is not always the sort of king we want. He is, however, always the sort of king we need.
2. "What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?” (Matthew 8:29). Demons know two men things: Jesus is the Son of God, and a time is fixed for their doom.
3. Jesus is the Way (John 14:6). He alone provides access to the Father and only through him is all that the Father has promised delivered.
4. Jesus is the Truth (John 14:6). He liberates you from falsehood and self-deceit and blesses you with truths that make you wise and set you free.
5. Jesus is the only way to the Father, the saving truth from the Father, and the eternal life of the Father. To have Jesus is to have everything you need (Acts 4:12).
6. Jesus is the Word (John 1:1). He is the ultimate revelation of God blessing us with stunning truths that set us free and make us wise. If Jesus is not the only way to God, He is no way to God.
7. Jesus is the Life (John 1:4). He alone is able to liberate us from our spiritual tombs and breathe eternal life into our dark and deadened souls.
8. Jesus is happy to encourage even the smallest bit of faith (Mark 5:34)
9. Jesus is the Bread of Life (John 6:35). You can rest in knowing that he will feed you with satisfying food you could never buy.
10. Jesus is the Light of the World (John 9:5). He alone is able to lead you out of the deep darkness of sin.
11. Jesus is Emmanuel (Matthew 1:23), so there is never a situation, location or experience where you are left to yourself.
12. Jesus is not tired of you (Heb. 13:5). He isn't sorry he got involved. He isn't looking out his peripheral vision for an escape route. He's all in. His whole heart is set on your glory forever. After dying for you, he will stick with you -- and gladly, too.
13. Jesus is not my ticket out of hell, or my ticket into heaven. He’s not a ticket! Jesus is my treasure — the Supreme Treasure of the universe (Phil. 3:8).
14. Jesus is the Living Water (John 4:10). He alone is able to satisfy your thirsty heart, so you need not drink at other wells again.
15. Jesus is enough and he is always with me, providing what I need, when I need it (Matthew 28:20).
16. Jesus is not the type of King that conquers by shedding the blood of his enemies, he is the type of King that conquers by shedding his own blood for his enemies (Rev. 17:14).
17. Jesus is Lord. (And Caesar is not. Matthew 8:2, Rom. 10:9).
18. Jesus is not looking for fans, he’s looking for disciples (Matthew 28:16-20).
19. If Jesus is God, then here’s the rub, that means he must be your God (Jude 1:4).
20. Jesus is our redemption, righteousness, life, wisdom, and power. Simply put, He is our everything
21. In his earthly ministry (and for all time)….Jesus was fully human (Mark 12:35-37). Jesus was fully divine (John 1:14; Col. 2:9). Jesus was the Son of David (Mark 12:35-37). Jesus was holy (Mark 1:24). Jesus was worthy (Rev. 4:11). Jesus will never perish (John 3:15).
22. Jesus is more powerful than any hurricane, more astounding than any storm, more terrifying than any near-death experience. and more comforting than a parent holding your hand in the middle of the night (Col. 1:17).
23. Jesus is overwhelming to me (as applied to Psalm 24).
24. Jesus is Lord. He can fulfill his promises because he rules over every situation, location and relationship where they must be delivered (Eph. 1:19).
25. Jesus is a refuge for the guilty, the weak, the powerless. And he is the worst nightmare of the oppressors, the truth-silencers, the justice-defeaters. He is all the God we could hope for: gentle Savior, dread Enforcer (Psalm 2).
26. Jesus is not a talisman to be invoked, nor is Christianity a coat to put on, only when things get rough. He is a daily Master and his way a daily reality, or your religion is simply an unsaving superstition (John 13:13).
27. Jesus is the Prince of Peace (Isa. 9:6). He purchased your peace with God, he works peace into your heart, he gives for peace with others.
28. Jesus is the Son of God (Luke 1:35). He has the power and authority to accomplish all that he, in wisdom and grace, has planned for you.
29. Jesus is your fortress, your place of safety, your refuge, your shelter in the inevitable time of storm (Psalm 18:2). He is your defense between the “already” of your conversion and the “not yet” of your home going.
30. Jesus is the Son of Man (Mark 2:28), who walked in your shoes, so you can know that he will deliver the grace that is form-fit for your time of need.
31. Jesus is always more than enough for all our hopes and hurts and sins and struggles (Rom. 5:8).
32. Jesus is not a force-field against difficulties but is a force against despair (Gal. 2:20).
33. Jesus is the Great Physician (John 5:1-9). He alone can deliver us from the one universal and terminal human pandemic - sin.
34. Jesus is the Lamb of God (John 1:29). He is the perfect, acceptable sacrifice that pays our penalty and guarantees our forgiveness.
35. If Jesus is who he says he is, then there is only one way to honor God, and that is by honoring his Son, Jesus Christ. (John 5:23).