Thank you for your interest in our open Pastor of Worship position! We have been praying God's will for you. :-)
- Short Ad
- What God is doing at TVBC / TVBC by the numbers plans for the future.
- Detailed job info
- Songs we have sung April 2020 to - mid-May 2020
- Steps to apply / questions to answer / attach necessary files
At Tower View Baptist Church (TVBC), we seek to grow our faith among family in a Gospel-centered, relationship-driven way. We do this by seeking to know, grow in, share, and serve Jesus Christ.
We are currently seeking a biblically-qualified (1 Tim. 3, Titus 1, etc.), Christ-exalting part-time (bi-vocational) Pastor of Worship to join us in magnifying Christ in Kansas City, North area. Currently, our services seek to blend together both traditional hymns and contemporary songs that focus on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- This requires 6-10 hours per week and some experience is required.
- Pay is projected to be around $12,500 a year.
- Seminary training is helpful but not required.
- (Note: Our previous Pastor of Worship, Craig Johnson, left on excellent terms to take care of his aging parents in Kentucky and led us to this point well!)
See below for applications steps.
What is God doing at TVBC?
We are excited for what God is doing at TVBC—even during a worldwide pandemic!
· We have members growing deeper and wider in their faith--and bringing others along.
· We have members sharing the Gospel verbally door-to-door, at work, and "as they go" throughout the week -- and people are responding, by God's grace, to the Gospel!
· Remodeling: Currently redoing our entire children’s center. Other plans include complete overhaul of structures to prepare for God’s work here.
· Training young men and women from seminary each year in ministry. We partner with Midwestern Baptist and their Timothy Track program.
· We have multiple generations and ethnic diversity in the most diverse area of KC North in our church - praise God!
· We continue to have multiple "unchurched" and "dechurched" join us in worship every week!
· We have members taking membership seriously--accountable to God, to leadership, and one another!
· We have community growing like never before -- people not just coming to church, but being a part of the church and asking spiritually, "How are you doing?"
· We have members answering God's call to serve nationally and internationally with the Gospel. We have sent nearly 10 out in the last few years.
· We have seen God use simple technology to reach people around the world with the Gospel (over 50K visitors to our website alone without advertising – most are overseas and the most visited page are the teaching and the Gospel page).
· We have plenty of chances to serve!
We're the perfect church for imperfect people, & we do it imperfectly! We are sinners--but God's grace abounds.
Again, we are not the perfect church and we are not perfect people. We are certainly in the midst of a revitalization, which provides a big view of God’s hand and opportunities. God is good and we have seen such a turnaround here.
But we work very hard to create an environment where you and your loved ones can come every week to be filled with the truth of God’s Word and love found only in Jesus Christ. We hope you will be challenged to become all God has called you to be as a family, individuals, and in the local church.
TVBC "By the Numbers"...
- Avg. Attendance: 90-100 (during the pandemic)
- Membership: 135
- Avg. Small Group / Bible Study Attendance: 87* (pre-pandemic)
- Avg. Length of Service: 65-70 minutes (*during pandemic)
- Age of church: 59.5 years (incorporated in 1962)
- Budget: $200K+
- Senior pastor has been here: 6 years
- Associate pastor (Nelson Nissley) has been here: 4 years on staff (20 as a member)
Future Plans at TVBC?
Evangelist D.L. Moody said: “If God is your partner, make your plans big!”
Since 1962, God has richly blessed TVBC, its members, its Gospel outreach, and so much more to this tune. After 59.5 years, as we enter 2021, God, once again, it seems, is moving among us to His glory as we prepare and put together His plans for the future, which require our response.
We have much to celebrate at TVBC—in the past, in the present, and the future! God is so good. Our church has been so faithful. When we sincerely turn to God, we will find that his church always moves forward, not backward.
And that’s why we are excited about the future!
God has blessed our church with numerous seasoned and new God-fearing, quality believers that are uniquely gifted to serve the local church and reach the area for the Gospel that need a current contextual direction to glorify God.
Biblical truths preached and taught in recent years have caused us to seek to clarify and reorient our focus and practical ministry to align with Scripture and our ministry context.
Specifically, in the coming years, we will be restructuring our church leadership format, bylaws, church covenant and other key foundational pieces to this end.
We want to win Gracemore and Maple Park (the areas behind us) for Christ. We want to see families restored and understand the glorious Gospel of Christ.
And, we know that, as we seek God's will, He will bless us with health and ability to go forward to reach our area and make disciples.
Songs we have sung April 2020 - mid-May 2020
- 10,000 Reasons 3
- All Creatures of Our God and King 2
- All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name 3
- All I Have Is Christ 2
- All the People Say Amen
- All the Way My Savior Leads Me 2
- Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
- Angesl From the Realms of Glory
- Because He Lives
- Behold Our God 4
- Behold the Lamb
- Bless the Lord
- Bless the Lord
- Blessed Assurance 2
- Blessed Be the Name 2
- Blessed Redeemer 2
- Build My Life 2
- Build Your Kingdon Here
- Christ Is Enough For Me
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today
- Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery 2
- Come People of the Risen King 2
- Come Thou King
- Come Thou Long Expected/His Name is Wonderful
- Come Thour Fount of Every Blessing
- Come Thour Fount, Come Thou King
- Come Ye Sinners Poor and Needy 2
- Crown Him with Many Thorns 2
- Day By Day 3
- Doxology 2
- Emmanuel/ There's Something abouth that name
- Everlasting God 2
- Fairest Lord Jesus 2
- For the Beauty of the Earth
- From the Inside Out
- Glorious Day 3
- God Moves 2
- God of Wonders
- God You're So Good 3
- Grace Greater Than All Our Sins
- Great Are You Lord
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness
- Hallelujah, What a Savior
- Hark the Herald Angels Sing
- Have Faith in God 2
- He Touched Me
- He Will Hold Me Fast
- Higher Ground 2
- His Mercy Is More
- Holy is the Lord 2
- Hosanna 3
- How Can I keep from Singing 2
- How Deep the Fathers Love for Us 3
- How Firm A Foundation
- How Great is Our God
- How Great Though Art 2
- I Life My Hands
- I Need The Every Hour
- I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous)
- I Surrender All
- I Will Rise
- I'd Rather Have Jesus
- Immortal, Invisible God Only Wise 3
- In Christ Alone 3
- It Is Well 2
- Jesus Keep Me Cross/Here I Am to Worship
- Jesus Messiah 2
- Jesus Paid it All
- Joy the The World
- King of Kings
- Knowing You
- Let It Be Said of Us 2
- Lion and the Lamb
- Living He Loved Me
- Living Hope 2
- Lord, I Need You 2
- Low in the Grave Lay He
- May the People Praise You 3
- More Like Jesus 2
- My Faith Has Found a Resting Place
- My Life Is in You Lord
- My Sould Magnifies the Lord
- Never Let Go
- O Church Arise 2
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- O Come O Come Emanuel
- O For A Thousand Tounges/You Are My King
- O Praise the Name (Anatasis 2
- O Worship the King
- Oh, How Good It Is 2
- Oh' to See the Dawn
- Our God
- Pass Me Not
- Peoples Praise You
- Praise Him. Praise Him
- Rejoice the Lord Is King
- Revalation Song 2
- Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us
- Shout to the Lord 2
- Speak, O Lord 3
- Stand Up for Jesus
- Standing on the Promises
- Surely Goodness and Mercy
- Take My Life and Let it Be 2
- The First Nowell
- The Lord is My Salvation 2
- The Potter's Hand
- The Power of the Cross 2
- The Solid Rock 2
- This Is Amazing Grace
- Tis So Sweet to Trust In Jesus
- To God be the Glory
- Trust and Obey 2
- Way Maker 5
- We Believe
- We Have Heard
- We Three Kings
- What A Beautiful Name
- What A Friend We Have in Jesus 2
- When the Morning Comes
- Who You Say I Am 4
- Whom Shall I Fear 3
- Wonderful, Merciful Savior
- Yes, I Will 2
- Yet Not but through Christ in Me 1
- You're Grace Is Enough 2
- Your Great Name
- Your Name 2
Detailed Job Info
The man of God's calling (who will meet biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, etc.) is responsible for developing and organizing worship services on Sunday.
This ministry role involves being a co-leader and encourager of the Know Team--the Praise Team, First Impressions Team, and the MultiMedia Team.
The worship leader should be a faithful worship leader that magnifies the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit by skillfully combining God's Word with music. As a result and thereby, motivating TVBC to proclaim the Gospel, to cherish God's presence, and to live for God's glory.
--Demonstrated ability to teach God’s Word.
--Demonstrated skill in arranging music, leading congregational worship, vocal and instrumental music skills, and an appreciation of a variety of styles of music for use in worship.
--A knowledge of the biblical and historic worship practices of the church and experience planning corporate worship services in cooperation with other pastors.
--Experience listening to, leading, mentoring, and pastoring volunteers.
--Experience building, growing, and maintaining a music ministry.
--Experience with various technology resources and multimedia equipment as well as the visual arts.
--Must be a growing Christian, deepening his personal relationship with Jesus Christ and modeling this to others. This means a regular commitment to Bible reading, prayer, and sanctification as a Christian in all of life and family.
--Gifted in the areas of worship leadership. He has a passion for personal and congregational worship.
--Has a compassionate heart for the achievement of welcoming and moving people to the purpose God has planned for them/us during the worship service.
--Have an approchable personality, an encouraging nature, and a heart for people.
--Gracious and humble, as well as energetic, cheerful, and able to speak to the worshippers ( member, attender, and visitor) at TVBC to God's glory.
--Has ability to keep private those matters that should be kept private. If in doubt, it's confidential.
--Is able and willing to equip and train leaders in his area of ministry to lead Tower View to become effective in equipping and serving in the church body--extending with the Gospel into the community.
communications & management of teams and ministries
--Shall be a member of the Pastoral Leadership Team and participate in Executive Team meetings and training of volunteers.
--Shall lead the team leaders of the Know Team and assist them in coordinating and developing the volunteers of the Know Team ministries (the Praise Team, First Impressions Team, and the MultiMedia Team).
--Lead the worship and coordinate the Praise Team for weekly worship service and special events.
--Work with the senior pastor to plan the worship services in regards to the theology and spiritual depth of the service.
--Spend time with lay leaders in training to develop disciples and lay-leaders to do the "work of the ministry" (Eph. 4:11-17).
--Participate in continuing education / conferences.
--Annual budget responsibilities: Worship/Praise Team, First Impressions, MultiMedia.
--Be committed to the beliefs and theological distinctives of Tower View: https://towerviewkc.com/beliefs
--Several regular activities that warrant participation and leadership are: leading and delegating the leadership of the worship services.
--Office hours are not required - as this is bi-vocational - but may be necessary (as agreed upon) with various ministries.
--Regular staff meetings with the Senior Pastor and staff for planning (usually once-a-month).
--Participate in a weekly small group or Sunday school class.
--Shepherd the church (collectively and individually) in order to craft a culture of worship that promotes the spiritual health of the church.
Evaluation will be an ongoing basis in private conversation with the senior pastor. Also, informal conversations and meetings are the responsibility of the Personnel Team. They will schedule one review meeting a year, and as needed.
Projected to be around $12,500 a year.
Vacation and sick leave will be discussed, per church policies.
Steps to Apply
- Fill out the basic questionnaire below.
- Upload your resume and any other files you may feel necessary for your consideration.
- Pray God's will be done for you, your family, your current church, and Tower View. And we will do the same for you!
Note: Position is open until filled. Our search team has periodic meetings and, if interested after prayer and consideration, will be in contact with you. Please let us know if you have any questions (Call/text 816-368-1330 or [email protected])